Wirecraft web-sites in Japan
(Japanese language sites, but you will enjoy to see the images in each of them.)
- Harigane-zaiku YAOUO
- Tasuku Go-da shows us his artistic wire works in the beautiful photographs.
- Webmaster wrote one of his essays about the days that he made and selled wirecraft goods on the street in Shinjuku when he was a student.
- Miwako Masuda is a textile designer and an illustrator who draws fantastic world like a fairy tale. Also, she makes abstract sculptures with mystic aura from wire.
- Stationery and jewelry - ring, blacelet, anklet, pias, etc... - made from wire combined with beads. Goods are available to buy from this web-site.
- Selling wirecraft-homewares which are also intended to be used of interior decoration.
- Blue Craft
- A craftman whose nick name is "Lute" participate the art-events in Kyusyu district very actively.His work is lively and has presence.
- Atelier RITZ
- This is the website of Atelier RITZ which carries out participating exhibitions, and is opening the classroom of a wire craft. There is also a work which combined aromatherapy and the wire craft.
- NAOMI YOGO
- Naomi Yogo is known to Japanese people liking handicrafts through a TV program and an articles of magazines. She wrote several books relating to wire work.
She teaches people a wire work in a lecture performed in various places.
She who is from University of Arts produces an artistic wire work as well as the home miscellaneous goods which housewives make willingly.
- Calder Foundation
- This is a site about Alexander Calder who was one of great artists in 20century.He is also well known by his wire sculptures.
- WIRE MAGIC
- This is a site about a book "Wire Magic"written by Michael Ball. The contents are an outline of wirework, a guide to tools and equipment, making a few articles, and introduction of the artists in the world.(English, Japanese)
- This is the web-site where wirecraft artists of South Korea are performing information exchange on bulletin boards.(Korean)
- Tree Sculpture by Sal Villano
- The site of Sal Villano who makes wire sculpture of tree. Including expression to which a branch seems to rustle in a wind, his trees are felt as if they were actually alive. There are some which used the Japanese potted plant as the motif.
- Page Wire Lady Elizabeth Berrien
- World Class Wire Sculpture by Elizabeth Berrien.She makes wire sculpture using only her bare hands and a pair of wire cutters.Twisting, stranding and splicing in countless additional wires, she creates a 3-dimensional line drawing, following the muscle, bone and feather patterns that best represent an animal's inner essence.
- Wired 4 Art
- You'll be able to see warmful wire sculptures and animation of Kate de Jude in this site.
- Jean Power,a beader based in London,shows her delicately beadwork.
- Kurt Jackson -Cornwall painter, nature, environment, landscape artist
- Kurt Jackson is one of Britain's leading painters. His environment and nature painting embraces a wide range of materials and techniques. He is most famous for his paintings of the Cornwall landscape but has painted in Scotland, Ireland and further afield.